Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not without my Tulips

The day did start well. Free shots in Auckland Airport, comfy seats on our Cathay Airbus...then the warning siren came on in the plane freaking everyone out and my tv stopped working. So we got into Hong Kong airport with only 40 minutes before our Kenyan Airways plane was due to go...only to find it had already left...good keen men. So we are off to Amsterdam. Yes, I went (expletive) too. An extra long haul then Nairobi and hopefully Tanzania. So Im loitering in Hong Kong AIrport waiting to go to the Land of Windmills and Clogs with a new Kenyan friend in the same boat (plane?) as us.

Hong Kong Airport: if Im not getting strip searched by Mossad agents trying to get to Israel Im being re-routed to Europe!!

Manfred

I'm going to Holland, isn't dat veird!?!?
Yup, off to Holland as you've heard from Manfred. I've always wanted to go to Europe. Awesome!!! Hope it's everything I've ever dreamed it would be. It's got two hours in the airport lounge to impress me. Made friends with a Kenyan who's been living in... waiting for it Melling!
Well off to get ready for my Dutch experience.
Yah!!!
Frannity.

UPDATE

In chilly Amsterdam (we are not dressed for 3 degrees). It was fun flying from Hong Kong over Russia, Siberia, the Ural Mountains, Baltic Sea etc. On landing people clapped as the plane lurched up on one side then the other...its not cool when people clap on landing. Amsterdam seems pretty from the air um now to hope I get to Nairobi some time this century.

1 comment:

  1. Oh look on the bright side you got to go somewhere for free! The food at Hong Kong airport all looked extremely delicious.. (so I thought - we didn't try any though cause we went to the Qantas club to have a shower).

    ReplyDelete