Still cooling our heels at a local hotel, waiting for our house to be completed, gas ovens to be installed (I hate gas cooking), painting to be done etc. Things move slower here, but its all good. More time for watching 34 Indian TV channels, swimming (while the locals stare, I guess stubbies are a novelty in this region) and eating food in the dark as the power comes and goes, and avoiding monster ants. Our volunteer contact told us especially to avoid the brown wasps. Extremely savage if provoked. I told him I was allergic to bees, Francoise just bit her fist in shame.
It rained quite a bit yesterday afternoon...I went a bit rain crazy and ran out into it (again in stubbies). Those were some warm, heavy raindrops.
Hope to get some more pics up once I get access to a computer that wasn't assembled pre-the tearing down of the Berlin Wall. Eeek work tomorrow, I have no clean work clothes, let alone a 100% firm idea of what I will actually be doing.
However as they say you're not selling the steak, you're selling the sizzle!
Bring it on!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck Doug. Why do you hate gas cooking? Gas cooking is awesome. You're such a New Zealander!
ReplyDeleteSounds delightful.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't mind pics of said giant ants and angry wasps.