Got an email from someone worried my heart (I had a slight heart murmur as a baby, corrected long, long ago) may not survive a climb of Mt Kilimanjaro (we start the climb in 14 days). To be honest, I was more worried about the lack of air at 18 000 feet than a heart attack. I could write a long blog entry on the actual risks of climbing Kili, the value of calculated risk-taking to happiness etc etc but meh.
Instead, go watch 'The Wrestler'. That movie sums up my philosophy about life being: Do what you love doing to the bitter end; even if you look faintly ridiculous to others doing it.
RAM JAM. Off to buy a wrestling costume for the climb.

Post Script
Thank Mungu it rained last night, dropping the temperature. I went out in the stubbies and stood in the downpour. Like I said, faintly ridiculous.

No comments:
Post a Comment