McClane: Story of my life.
Die Hard 2
So our flights home are almost finalised. Flying with Emirates. Looks like we leave Kilimanjaro early March, pop through Dar Es Salaam (the email I got says 'flying via Zanzibar' waaah?) to Dubai. I hear good things about the service on Emirates...I've flown with Israel's national carrier El Al Airlines before (awesome food) lets see how an Arab airline compares ;-)
Have 8 hours stopover in Dubai airport, before zipping off to Sydney (for an hour) before getting into Auckland. I will try to avoid terrorists and shadowy assassin squads in Dubai (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Mahmoud_Al-Mabhouh).
I should be more excited about being in Dubai as I had wanted to visit that strange futuristic city in the desert for years, but ah...feel a bit tired at this stage. Just need to get back to the Kiwi Motherland I think and start the goodwill touring of family scattered around two islands.
But on the flight to Tanzania in March '10 we got diverted to Amsterdam and flew over the Ural Mountains in Soviet...er..I mean normal Russia...who knows what dramas/travesties could happen on this long haul flight home...
Yippee Ki Yay

No comments:
Post a Comment