Friday, January 14, 2011

The Wedding Crasher

Congrats to Matt, my buddy since third form 1991 and Shiree on their wedding today (NZ time)-yay. And congrats to my cousin for her marriage in December. Marriage is cool. So I've had to miss at least two weddings back home being over here, those have probably been the hardest things to give up about not being in NZ.

Kinda awkward...both the wife and I just forgot our 8 year wedding anniversary (twas Jan 4th)...awkward. We only remembered a couple of days ago...oops. Finding it hard to place significance on milestones such as anniversaries, New Years Eve, Christmas etc when craziness is going on all the time here. Got my birthday coming up Tuesday up...finding it hard to really care...stupid aging process.

(have I been married 8 years? what the cuss?!)

Getting back to Matt and Shiree, as I write this blog entry my spy guest Bernardo is sending little email updates from the wedding in real time to my email on his remote device. Including a photo of mingling! I miss the mingling!

(I'm missing out its not fair! That champagne glass should be mine, Chucky!!)

The photo definitely made my FOMO (fear of missing out) a lot worse. Thanks Bernado.

It is pretty trippy to think of Bernardo in a nice shirt and tie sitting in his assigned seat at a table of nice wedding food in Wellington, feverishly tapping up updates to a guy (ie me!) sitting at a computer in a sweaty shirt, hiding from the sun, shovelling down
wali na nyama (rice and meat)in East Africa.

Rock on peeps, see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment