Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Dougshank Redemption

Somehow the wife cajoled me to do an hour uphill run with her on Sunday. I'm destroyed, my knees are gone. Its humiliating to have locals laughing at you from the side that 'mke wangu' (your wife) is trailing far ahead of your panting, gasping hide. Still, feel better for it and there were nice views as we trotted towards the hilly outskirts of town.

We have a couple of fresh faced students with us from Cornell university (ie in the States) with us for 4 weeks. Its pretty funny how grizzled Franatee and I feel now at the 3 month mark as the new 'inmates' come in. Africa, as always, is extremely enriching, but it can also be damn tiring and frustrating...it has its own pace and rhythm. A lot of behaviours, systems, helps we take for granted in the office environment back home are simply alien here... Pole Pole (slowly, slowly)

Still, making some gains. Just want to make sure we leave behind some sustainable skills and tools. At least I am personally developing...look how far I've come-

(South Africa circa 2008)


(Tanzania, circa two days ago)


Roaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment