Friday, June 11, 2010

Kick off!

Pretty happy I got to see the first match of the FIFA World Cup on the African continent. Just prior to the match starting, locals were racing around on the streets and dirt roads frantically trying to find bars or wherever to watch it. Franatee and I were comfy watching it at a mate's house. It was dead quiet outside with none of the usual background noise of people talking or moving around.

At half time I had to bike home quickly to grab some things....then I heard the deafening shouting and cheering from the houses next door as South Africa scored the first goal of the Cup...doh

Hope I get to see the All Whites game on 15th? I may be out and about that day, I know workmates are keen to watch it with Franatee or I

No comments:

Post a Comment