Friday, June 18, 2010

No Pain

I'm not sure what's going to win this year-diet or exercise. My diet here has tended to be very carbohydrate heavy (especially when the ridiculously cheap local beers are mixed in) and served in large meals alternating with long periods of nothing. I've found it challenging to source quality protein or healthy snacking alternatives here.

I gotta hope exercise saves the day. I haven't done this much regular biking since going to and from 'Write Price' supermarket as a produce boy way back in '95. Every morning Im a sweaty, panting wreck. Disturbingly, Franatee is starting to get her marathon stride and is really making me work to beat her home on the bikes. My endurance sux...

Im trying to get in the odd swim in the local (decent) swimming pool and sporadic runs up hill and down dale. I'm going to need to pick up the Rocky style training if I'm going to climb Kili in December...which I am close to booking.


Gotta pound on some carcasses!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that one Doug - I know that exercise and moderation of food have never been your strong points. Happy to yell at you Les Mills style if you think that would help?

    ReplyDelete