Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mount Doom

As people on Facebook already know, I kinda said to a guy from our UK head office who was asking for ideas to raise the charity's profile, that I could take a flag with the charity's name on it to the summit of Mt Kilimajaro for World AIDS Day (Dec 1). He really liked the idea (especially when I said I would pay for the ascent, as I was going to do it anyway). So, if our funds hold and if I can get a bit of training it, watch out for me waving a big 'AIDS' flag 5000 metres high on December
1st!


(gulp)

3 comments:

  1. How long does it take to get up there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes between 6-9 days depending on the route and how slow you want to go to avoid altitude sickness. The quicker you do it, the higher the risk of AS...I should note fitness has nothing to do with your risks of getting AS or not..(phew)

    ReplyDelete