Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And...action

It's actually a bit chilly today. Comparitively. Im so used to the oppressive heat of Moshi that when it gets down to 15 degrees (ie a normal spring day in Wellington) I feel freezing.

So I can't decide between having Danny Boyle, Quentin Tarentino or David Lynch direct the film about this year. Do I want a breathlessly frenetic and exotic mix of fantasy and reality 'Slumdoug Millionaire?' Or a gun and sword play heavy tale of revenge set against the backdrop of Moshi 'Kill Doug'? Or a surreal non-linear exploration of dreams of Africa versus reality 'Lost Highway...and street signs'
Coppola?
'Dougpocalypse Now'?

No, Im going to play it safe and stick with Spielburg. He can capture Tanzania's wide eyed fun, danger and crowd pleasing action setpieces featuring giant rolling boulders. I mean, the whole tank chase scene in 'IJ and the Last Crusade' is pretty much a template for trying to catch up to, get on board and fit in a local bus here.

No comments:

Post a Comment