Sunday, August 15, 2010

A quiet one

Nothing much to report this weekend. I had contemplated a trip to a lake but felt lazy, plus mke had been in the field all last week so we thought we'd just chill.

Mke and I were on dog sitting duties for our American friends. They are leaving soon to live near Lake Victoria, sob, it has been nice to have neighbours to hang out with...
um um
Ramadan is underway so extended calls to prayer booming out sporadically around the neighbourhood.

um
Saw a pair of emerald green sunbirds eating (drinking?) nectar off the flowers near work. Much cuter than the pterodactyl-like Maribou storks flapping their 2-3 metre wingspans over the wife and I and scaring the hell out of us.

er
Avatar is not as mindblowing in 2D on a laptop screen...
that's all I got...

No comments:

Post a Comment