Dryden, Lawrence of Arabia
Yes, I know TECHNICALLY I am not in a desert but it is so freaking hot at the moment. It is summer-hot at 8am when I bike to work. It is unbearable around 1pm. Difficult to sleep before midnight. Maybe Arusha is cooler, I dunno. But here in the Mosh it is a dry, bright heat that sucks your will to live. My eyes hurt. 3 fans on at work. Desire to jog decreasing...I shudder to think what it is like on the Coast at the mo where it is humid as well. Vegetation is reverting to the brown colour that greeted us when we first turned up in March. I saw dust devils swirling in the brown distance on my recent bus ride to Arusha.
Dry and hot.
And this is just the start...apart from the respite of the 'short rains' in November/December, I think it stays hot all the way into next year...sob.
We have a mad plan (yes another) possibly to pop to the desert of Namibia on the way home in March..but if deserts are hotter than where I am now...count me out.

(Look how hot it is as I look out my front door at sunset. Okay, this is Tatooine but believe me, it looks identical to Moshi at the mo)

No comments:
Post a Comment