(A happy moment at one of our village HIV support groups)
List of positive things that happened today:
-The new cycle route to work is scenic. It goes through a nice tree lined area past the cheeky kids at the local school and the awe struck younger tykes (at the madly peddling white guy) at the local kindy.
-Lunch today was tasty-pilaf rice and lentils
-Saw 3 hornbills (why always in 3's?) race over on a walk
-Heard another update that a young HIV positive client I intervened with a while ago is doing extremely well.
-Helped a co-worker draft his performance appraisal material. He's stoked. He's a hard worker and has a big family, I hope he gets a well earned raise.
-Our new monitoring & evaluation officer (his second day) seems switched on and enthusiastic, awesome!
-And last but not least, having an email convo with a mate back home (our timezones must have matched briefly) planning the EPIC party the wife and I are going to have when we return to the Petone house in 2011. I say we trash it and blame the damages on the tenants, Bwaa haa haaa
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
Nelson Mandela

No comments:
Post a Comment