
Monday, at a meeting, we were urged to burn through grant money faster-we have hundreds of thousands to spend before December- else we would need to seek an extension (gasp!). We are not spending money fast enough on vehicles, feel good interactive sessions with people or things that generally present a happy picture to donors. 'Burning the cash' was an expression repeated a few times. Wife and I looked queasily at each other.
I guess that is why there is no time to deliver the storehouse food to the kids, roll out the wills training people are screaming for or engage with the wife and I's suggestions for better accountability/efficiencies. No time! We gotta go full power burning da cash! The office in an uproar! Winged monkeys dispatched in all directions weighted under bags of cash to dump in random fires.
Some days I love it here. Some days I get that same sick feeling I used to get working in gambling...huge sums of money being applied, shall we say, sometimes a bit less than efficiently?
Last night I was a bit down and tried to click my ruby slippers 3 times and say 'There is no place like Petone'. Didn't work.
I need to see the Wizard.

Hi I linked you to my blog. You can find the post here http://mummyzilla.blogspot.com/2010/10/something-little-different.html
ReplyDeleteCheers Donz! I'm real poor at linking to other people's blogs, so that's great! ps I love the photos of your family on FB, Gus is so cute, urge to reproduce rising (dont tell the wife)
ReplyDelete